Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 31: Recreate Your Favorite Nail Challenge

I've been wanting to try some splatter nails, so I decided to do another set of nails inspired by a tutorial. I followed Polish You Pretty's tutorial. I started with two coats of Pure Ice - Super Star. Then, I dipped the end of my straw in Pure Ice - Flirt Alert. Like her, I could not get the polish to create a bubble at the end of my straw, because the opening was too big. I chewed on the end a bit to make the opening smaller, and this worked most of the time. Once the bubble formed on the end of the straw, I blew on the straw at the other end, aiming at my nail. This created the splatter effect. 



Then, I repeated this with Sally Hansen InstaDri - Brisk Blue. 




I thought that I didn't get enough pink on the pointer, so I went back to that one, but I got too much on the nail, and it ended up creating this purple blob. 



I cleaned up around the nail with cotton swabs and nail polish remover.



The thumb looked the best, so I finished it with a coat of Seche Vite and snapped this macro shot.




Check out my tumblr, too!

No comments: