Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 27: Nails Inspired By ARTWORK

I think most people are probably familiar with Van Gogh's painting, Starry Night. If not, there is a picture of it below. I have always liked this painting, so it was the first idea to pop into my mind for Day 27. I had no clue how to approach this though, so I used Cutepolish's tutorial. I started with two coats of Ulta - Blue for You. Then, I made the swirls using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue followed immediately by Pure Ice - Super Star, so that I could swirl the two colors together before the blue dried. Then, I using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow to create the stars, and I dabbed some white around the edges of the stars. I used a fine-tip brush and Pure Ice - Black Rage to create the dark object on the left, along with the town along the bottom of the nail. I used a tiny bit of Wet n Wild megalast - On A Trip just above the black at the bottom of the scene. I used the brush to add some white marks at the bottom, as well, to create the look of the town.






Check out my tumblr, too!

No comments: