Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 23: Nails Inspired By A MOVIE

These nails are inspired by the movie, Ocean's Eleven. 

Here they are in the sunlight:


And with the flash:



For the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign on my thumb, I started with two coats of Essie - Dive Bar. Then, I used a q-tip for the various dots... Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Rapid Red, and Essie - Mezmerised. I filled in the yellow polka dot diamond with Pure Ice - Super Star, and I wrote Las Vegas with Rapid Red and a fine-tip brush. 



The 11 is modeled after the 11 in the movie poster (above). I started with two coats of Pure Ice - Super Star, and painted the 11 with Rapid Red and a fine-tip brush. 




I started with two coats of Wet n Wild Fast Dry - SaGreena the Teenage Witch. This is supposed to be like the green felt on a poker table. Then, I painted on three poker chips using a fine-tip brush. The colors are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Rapid Red, Essie - Mezmerised, and Pure Ice - Black Rage. Then, I used the fine-tip brush with Pure Ice - Super Star to create the dots. 




I thought this one was pretty self-explanatory, but my parents couldn't tell what it was. They are just the card suits. I started with two coats of Pure Ice - Super Star. Then, I used BM19 with Rapid Red to stamp the pattern on the first time. I did this again with Pure Ice - Black Rage.



Here, I started with two coats of Rapid Red. Then, using Super Star and a fine-tip brush, I painted two squares. I create the dots with the fine-tip brush and Black Rage.





Check out my tumblr, too!

No comments: