Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 22: Nails Inspired by A SONG

These nails are inspired by Party in the USA!! It's one of my all-time favorite songs. :D The nails are inspired by both the lyrics of the song and the music video for the song.



The thumb is the Hollywood Sign..inspired by the lyrics, "Look to my right and I see the Hollywood Sign." I did the thumb by applying two coats of Wet n Wild Fast Dry - SaGreena the Teenage Witch. Then, using a fine-tip brush and Pure Ice - Super Star, I wrote out HOLLYWOOD. 






The pointer is a Converse sneaker..inspired by the lyrics, "Who's that chick that's rockin' kicks?" I did this by applying two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails - Black Heart. Once that was dry, I put tape over the bottom 2/3s of my nail and painted the tip white using Pure Ice - Super Star. I used a fine-tip brush with Pure Ice - Super Star to draw the laces, and I used Salon Perfect Nail Art Liner in black to draw the black line, as well as create dots for the eyelets.




The middle finger is a taxi cab..inspired by the lyrics, "Get to the club in my taxi cab." I did this by applying two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mellow Yellow. Then, I used Pure Ice - Black Rage with BM17 for the checkered pattern on the tip, and it obviously smudged a lot. Then, I smoothed the edge by tracing it with Stripe Rite in Silver. I painted on the words "Taxi Cab" with a fine-tip brush and Pure Ice - Black Rage.



The ring finger is an American flag...I think it is obvious where the inspiration for this came from. Also, in her music video, she has an American flag as a backdrop for the stage. To do this nail, I painted on two coats of Sally Hansen InstaDri - Rapid Red. Then, I used a fine-tip brush to paint the blue in the corner using Essie - Mezmerised. I used Milani Nail Art Lacquer with Precision Brush - White Canvas for the stars and stripes.



The pinky finger is a cowboy boot inspired by the boots Miley wears in the music video. They zoom in on these boots a lot in the video.


I did these by starting with two coats of Essie - Sand Tropez. Then, I drew the boot using Pure Ice - Black Rage and a fine-tip brush. I used Sally Hansen InstaDri - Rapid Red with a fine-tip brush for the wings, and Pure Ice - Jaguar with a fine-tip brush for the gold.


Here's a picture of all the polish I used. 


I wish I had done a butterfly for my last nail, rather than the cowboy boot..inspired by the lyrics, "The butterflies fly away."

Here's the music video for Party in the USA:


Check out my tumblr, too!

No comments: